Monday, December 10, 2012

Thing #13 Web-based Applications

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6f5JDzQARn3S3dzUWpWZHpOQ2s
I created an account on Zoho only because this assignment called for it.  Personally, Zoho Writer is not my choice for productivity tools.  I much prefer Google Drive.  I found that Zoho Writer had too many steps in order to share a document and even once I got through all the steps the link still did not work when I tested it in this blog post.  However, Google Drive is my "friend".  Aside from the fact that I am already a google user, Google Drive was compatible with Dropbox which enabled me to easily share a project I needed to complete for another class.

I can envision myself and my future students using Google Drive to collaborate on projects.  Whenever there is an opportunity for students to work on group projects, I will require them to use Google Drive.  A perfect example was the project I worked on with four other students in another class.  It was a math course in which groups were assigned problems to present to the class.  Our group was able to share our problems with each other and make corrections and additions prior to sharing the assignment with the entire class

























No comments:

Post a Comment