For this discovery exercise I chose option 2. I took these photos at Centennial Park in Nashville earlier this month. I made certain I didn't take photos of the people's faces not even knowing I would use them for this class. I did ask permission to take the pictures and explained that I would not show their faces. As for the trees...I just found them to be interesting. The spoke to me while I was walking through the park. First, I was taking pictures of the "homeless" then, the trees grabbed my attention. They (the trees) said to me, "this park is as much their ("homeless") home as it is ours, and we are not homeless, just different."
I also spent some time exploring Flickr for other interesting photos. This is when I realized one of the ways I want to use Flickr in my classroom. I decided to search for pictures from settings in the stories we will read and share those photos with the class when the story is introduced.
Once I have more free time, I am likely to use Flickr for personal use as well. I really like the map! I have some personal photos I'd like to upload and share with family and friends places I visited and found interesting.
I inadvertently used Photobucket in the past (it was downloaded on my phone and everytime I took a picture with my phone, it automatically uploaded to Photobucket!) This was not at all my preference. It took hours to figure out how to delete my pictures from the internet and that app from my phone! I prefer Flickr over Photobucket mainly because of the experience I had. I never really explored Photobucket to see what else it had to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment