To me commenting on a blog is like responding in a conversation. Have you ever tried to have conversation with someone who just stood there and looked at you with a blank stare? How irritating! Commenting on a blog conveys the message to the person who initiated the blog as well as other readers that the topic is important to someone other than the person blogging and it validates their efforts to share their beliefs and values.
The readings suggested courtesies to implement when commenting to someone's blog post. I can remember reading similar information when I first began using email. It was through this type of medium that I learned that typing in all caps was like screaming or yelling at the reader. I quickly had to implement this practice! I had been screaming at professors and colleagues.
The blog post I chose to respond to are:
LiveLearnMoore - Satricia Moore
FrankE - Frank Moure
Linda Courtney's 23 Things - Linda Courtney
Mr Hirtle Tech Blog - William Hirtle
Samples of Learning - Elizabeth Sample
I chose their blogs to post to because I learned something from each of them. Linda's "thing 3" post led me to think about using technologies such as blogging to accomodate a student with an anxiety disorder. William's "thing 4" post made me laugh. He captured my thoughts completely. Elizabeth's "thing 3" post showed me other ways a teacher could possibly use blogging to communicate with students. I actually responded to someone else who responded to her post. I responded because I have different ideas on why some parents do not communicate with teachers.
Some of my comments were to affirm my agreement with the blogger, some were to share a different perspective. Either way leads me into my next topic and the other sites I chose to read and post.
No comments:
Post a Comment